Discord and Steam are the best places for gamers to hang out. While one platform is a place to communicate with friends and community, the other helps explore the games of your choice. So, how about you connect Steam to Discord? Which is what we will be exploring in this guide.
Apart from showing you the steps to link Steam to Discord, we will also show you the steps to fix the ‘failed to connect your Steam account to Discord’ in this guide. So, let’s begin.
How to Link Steam to Discord
It’s easy to link Steam to Discord regardless of your device. We have mentioned the steps for both smartphones and PCs.
Step 1: Open the Discord app and click the gear icon next to your username.
Step 2: Click Connections and choose Steam.
Step 3: Enter your Steam credentials and click Sign in.
Wait until your account gets linked. Once linked, you will get a confirmation message, and you can go back to see that Steam is connected with Discord connections. You can also enable:
- Display on profile: To show your Discord account on your Steam account page.
- Display details on profile: Show further details about your Discord profile.
Step 1: Launch Discord and tap your profile icon at the bottom right corner.
Step 2: Scroll down and choose Connections.
Step 3: Tap Add at the top right corner.
Step 4: Choose Steam > enter your credentials and tap Sign in.
Wait for some time until the Steam-Discord linking process takes place. Once done, return to Discord to see the Steam account linked with it. You can also enable the following options if you want others to see your Discord profile on your Steam page: ‘Display on profile’ and ‘Display details on profile’.
How to Remove Discord from Steam
If you are linked to the wrong accounts or are not interested in connecting Steam to Discord anymore, you can unlink them. Here’s how to do so on PC and smartphone.
Step 1: Open Discord > click Settings and navigate to Connections.
Step 2: Click X next to your Steam account.
Step 3: Choose Disconnect to confirm.
Step 1: Open Discord > tap your profile button at the bottom right corner.
Step 2: Scroll down and tap Connections.
Step 3: Now, tap the X mark next to your user ID on Steam.
Step 4: Tap Disconnect to confirm.
Fix ‘Failed to Connect Your Steam Account to Discord’
While the steps to link Steam to Discord are simple, you might see the “failed to connect your Steam account to Discord” error message. So, keep reading to know why you see this and how you can fix it.
- Check internet connection: Since both platforms require internet, it’s best to have a stable connection to link Steam to Discord. You can switch to another Wi-Fi or mobile hotspot, contact your ISP, upgrade your plan, or even change your ISP and see if that helps.
- Reopen the Discord app: Close the Discord app and try connecting Steam to Discord again to see if that helps.
- Ensure to use the correct Steam login credentials: If you use the wrong credentials, there will be issues connecting Steam with Discord.
- Log out and log in: You can also log out from Discord to clear any temporary files affecting the process.
- Uninstall and reinstall Discord: Sometimes, these issues can be solved by uninstalling the Discord app and then reinstalling it. This will clear bugs as well as unwanted files. Once you uninstall the app, you can reinstall it from the official link below and try linking.
- Uninstall and reinstall Steam: Similar to Discord, if you use the Steam app, it can also have issues. Hence, uninstall Steam and install it again. Once you have reinstalled the app, check if the issue is fixed.
- Switch between Discord web and app: Facing an issue with the Discord app? Try switching to the web version. If the issue is with the web version, switch to the app and see if that helps. You can also try a different browser or device.
FAQs to Link Steam to Discord
There are no safety issues regarding Steam-Discord linking since only information such as friends list, games you play, and other such details will be shared between the platforms.
Yes. Discord can show your friends the games you’re playing once you connect Steam to Discord.
Play With Your Friends
So that’s how you can connect Steam to Discord and interact with your friends seamlessly when playing your games. If you still have doubts or queries, drop them in the comments below.
Last updated on 27 September, 2023
The above article may contain affiliate links which help support Guiding Tech. However, it does not affect our editorial integrity. The content remains unbiased and authentic.