The world’s largest social networking site has become a habit. From sharing links to photo albums, Facebook is a virtual timeline of our lives. Thus, it is the next best thing to a digital diary. Agreed, it is not going to shut shop in a hurry, but there’s a chance that your Facebook account gets deleted (you accidently delete it or you fall victim to a hacking job).
A backup could be vitally important to revive your profile. Facebook tells you how to keep your information safe by downloading all your messages, wall posts, photos, status updates and profile information.
Here are the steps to download all your Facebook information using their built-in download tool.
Also on Guiding Tech
1. Log-in to your Facebook account.
2. Click on the Home dropdown and then Account Settings.
3. On the Account Settings page, right below you will see a link that says – Download a copy of your Facebook data.
4. Click on the large green Start My Archive button. A small notification pops up that basically says that Facebook will send you the download link to the email address associated with your Facebook account when the backup is ready.
5. Facebook starts generating your archive. You can expect to receive a download link in your email account associated with Facebook when the archive is ready for download.
6. Click on the link sent to your email, enter your Facebook password and click on the Download button to download the backup zip file that has all your Facebook profile data.
Open up the index.html located in the zipped file in your web browser and browse through your Facebook content.
Periodically, backing up your data is a fail-safe method you are well advised to follow, especially if you are a heavy Facebook user.