The Nintendo 2DS XL console, which was launched earlier this year in July, is now being released by the company in a special edition version that resembles a Pokeball. The special edition 2DS XL will be on sale on November 3, 2017.
This release will coincide with the launch of Pokemon Ultra Moon and Ultra Sun that hit the stands on November 17. The Pokeball themed Nintendo 2DS XL console will go on sale for $159.99, which is a $10 rise in price.
The company also announced that the White and Orange Nintendo 2DS XL will be available in stores across North America starting October 6, at a retail price of $149.99.
The company has also unveiled more than a score of games lined up to come soon on for Nintendo Switch, as well as Nintendo 3DS consoles.
“This new addition to Nintendo’s portable hardware line demonstrates our commitment to the handheld market. The new Nintendo 2DS XL sports a beautiful clamshell design and offers a great balance between price and performance,” said Reggie Fils-Aime, President, and COO, Nintendo (North America) during the console’s launch.
In addition to the Pokeball variant, according to this image on Nintendo’s twitter account, the company will also be releasing a Pikachu version.
What Does the Nintendo 2DS XL Pack?
- The 2DS XL features the same 4.8-inch display found on the 3DS XL.
- As the name suggests, the visuals displayed are in 2D.
- The console’s lower screen has built-in NFC support for amiibo cards and figures.
- Users will be able to play Nintendo 3DS games in 2D on the device.
- The Nintendo 2DS XL features parental controls, helping parents manage what their children can access.
The upcoming portable console by Nintendo will also be available in black/turquoise colors and borrows some features from the 3DS XL console too.