Following the launch of Apple iPhone 8 and 8 Plus, Apple has launched its highly anticipated tenth-anniversary flagship, the iPhone X, starting at $999 (64GB) at the Apple keynote event in Cupertino and, needless to say, it’s a looker.
Corroborating with earlier leaks and rumors, Apple has unveiled its flagship iPhone for the year with an almost bezel-less design that only gives way to an earpiece and several sensors at the top of the device on the front panel that assist with the Face ID recognition.
Apple iPhone X will be available in India starting November 3.
Apple has gotten rid of the Touch ID fingerprint sensor, which had been in the news for long. Apple has replaced it with an intelligent Face ID, which has lesser likeliness of being duplicated.
The company mentioned that while the Touch ID can be duplicated by 1 in 50,000 people, Face ID can only be duplicated by 1 in 1 million people.
Now, this might seem better, but it isn’t good enough. The security of a device that carries your personal, as well as financial data, needs to be paramount.
iPhone X Specs
- Display: The iPhone X sports an edge-to-edge 5.8-inch OLED display (2436 x 1125), with 458ppi.
- Processor: Apple’s tenth-anniversary flagship is powered by their A11 chipset, which is capable of processing machine learning algorithms and is built into the device with the A11 Bionic neural engine.
- Memory and Storage: The Apple iPhone X comes with 64GB and 256Gb internal storage.
- Camera: Like its predecessors, the iPhone X sports a dual-lens camera setup at the rear with two 12-megapixel sensors (wide and telephoto). The front panel features a TrueDepth camera with portrait mode, similar to the rear camera.
- Battery: The device for the latest Apple flagship gets a battery unit that powers the device for two hours more than the iPhone 7. The Apple iPhone X can also be charged via a wireless charging mat called AirPower.
The Apple iPhone X comes with HRD display which supports HRD10 tech, 3D Touch, Dolby Vision and True Tone display with one million-to-one contrast ration.
Apple has also redefined how we communicate via emojis by introducing Animoji or animated emojis that are surely going to be a big hit among young fans.
Apple’s new AirPower wireless charging mat holds the efficiency to charge an iPhone, AirPods, and Apple Watch all at once.