The Samsung Galaxy Note8 was unveiled at a grand event in New York last month and now the company has launched the device, featuring dual-cameras, and IP68 certified water and dust resistant design, at an event in New Delhi, India.
Although much of the Samsung’s early 2017 was engulfed in explaining the Note 7 fiasco, the successful launch of the bezel less Galaxy S8 and S8+ devices — with infinity display and Bixby smart assistant — in March took people’s mind off it.
The Galaxy Note8 will go on sale on 21 Sep, 2017, and will retail for a price of Rs 67,900
The Samsung Galaxy Note8 will come in Midnight Black and Maple Gold colors. The device is accompanied by earphones tuned by AKG and a 3.5mm headphone jack to connect them with.
Samsung Note8 Gets Bixby in India
WIth the Note8, Samsung is also bringing in voice support to the Bixby assistant. Finally, after all this while the dedicated Bixby key will be put to some better use. For support in India Samsung has setup an R&D plan in Bengaluru for better localisations and will offer support for close to 3000 commands, to begin with.
Samsung Galaxy Note8 Specs
- Display: The Galaxy Note8 comes with a 6.3-inch (18.5:9) Quad HD+ Super AMOLED edge-to-edge infinity display
- Processor: The device will be powered by Samsung’s own 10nm octa-core Exynos 8895 processor, which will be supported by Vulkan API gaming
- Memory and Storage: The Note8 features 6GB RAM and 64GB of internal storage which can be further expanded by 256GB via a microSD card
- Camera: The device sports a dual-lens 12MP (wide-angle f/1.7, telephoto f/2.4) setup on the rear with dual OIS (optical image stabilization) and an 8MP (f/1.7) camera on the front
- Battery: The Note8 is backed by a 3300mAh battery unit which can be charged either via the USB Type-C port or wirelessly
- Operating System: The device will run on Android Nougat 7.1.1 out-of-the-box.
- Connectivity: The Galaxy Note8 comes with Bluetooth 5.0, support for WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, LTE Cat. 16, NFC and MST for Samsung Pay
Samsung Galaxy Note8 Features
- Dual Camera: The dual camera also boasts of dual capture wherein it captures two images at once — one capture is at a wider angle than the other. Other than that the Live Focus mode will let you adjust the blur effect in real-time.
- S Pen: The Samsung Galaxy Note8 comes with its signature ‘S Pen’ which is now better designed and more efficient than before. The S pen boasts the same IP68 water and dust resistance and is held at the bottom of the device.
- Bixby: The device also gets the newly launched Bixby smart assistant with voice capabilities. In addition to that, Bixby can also live translate via the camera app.
- Biometric Security: The Galaxy Note8 features three biometric scanners which can be used as a tool to unlock the device: fingerprint scanner, an iris scanner, and facial recognition.
- IP68: The IP68 certified water and dust resistance allow the Note8 to be submerged into water up till 1.5 meters deep for 30 minutes.