Soon after extending their introductory discount offer for the Prime membership for six more months in several countries worldwide, Amazon has announced its third annual Prime Day on July 11 this year which will include hundreds of thousands of deals exclusively for Prime members around the world.
The Amazon Prime day will start at 6PM (IST) on Monday, July 10 and will offer new deals as quick as every five minutes in the following 13 countries this year: US, UK, Spain, Mexico, Japan, Italy, India, Germany, France, China, Canada, Belgium and Austria.
The Prime Day offer will be available for all existing Prime members in the aforementioned 13 countries and any new sign-ups — even on trial — on or before July 11.
“Our members love Prime Day and we have been thrilled by the response over the last two years. It is inspiring us to make it even better this year for Prime members,” said Greg Greeley, Vice President, Amazon Prime.
The Prime Day will last for 30 hours and will include millions of items from thousands of sellers which will be refreshed throughout the time period.
Deals will be organised into 20 of the most shopped-for themes including deals for pet lovers, gardeners, techies, artists and more.
“Every part of our business is working to deliver more deals for a record number of shoppers. This year’s Prime Day is too big for 24 hours — so we’re giving Prime members 30 hours to shop,” Greeley added.
Prime members who own an Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Show, Amazon Tap, Fire TV or Fire tablet will be able to get their hands on additional Alexa-exclusive deals.
Members in Mexico and China will not only get to shop for their local deals, but several deals available in the Amazon Global Store will also be accessible too.
One of the major highlights of the Prime Day seems to be Amazon’s Big TV Deal which will include a variety of brands including the new Element 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV – Amazon Fire TV Edition.
Deals Before Prime Day
Although there is still time to enjoy the Prime Day, Amazon has started offering deals to Prime members in anticipation of what’s coming next.
- Prime members who still haven’t tried Amazon Music Unlimited can avail the service for as little as $0.99 for four months.
- Prime members who stream a video title included in the Prime subscription on their TV will receive a $10 shopping gift amount which can be used on Amazon.com on or before the Prime Day.
- Prime members can avail Kindle Unlimited membership at 40% off.
- Members can also avail the membership of audible at 40% off for $8.95 per month for 6 months.
- Select food and household items available in Prime Pantry can be bought by Prime members at a discount of upto 35%.