Sharing an YouTube video isn’t difficult. You can send the url of the video to your friends via email or just ask them to search YouTube to find that video. Simple, right ? But it isn’t fun. Imagine watching the video together with your friends and also interacting and commenting on it while watching it…..now that’s fun.
Synchtube lets you do exactly that. You can share any YouTube video and chat with your friends in real-time while the video plays. You can join public or private chat room, add a video and invite other friends to join you.
If you are creating a private room, you will be assigned as leader of your room. As the leader, you can play or pause the video, and your friends would be notified on their screen about your action.
These are the basic steps to use Synchtube:
- Join a public room or create a private room for yourself.
- Paste the link of a video in a box provided.
- Click “Load Video” button.
- A unique link is created for the room and you can share that with friends.
- Start playing the video.
- You can chat with any member of the room on a common chat window.
- Leader can pause or stop the video.
- Real-time sync and sharing of YouTube videos.
- Real-time chat and discussion on video.
- No registration required.
- It is a pure web app, no software download is required.
- Upto 4 people can join a chat room.
Synchtube (UPDATE: Synchtube is no longer available) for sharing YouTube videos in real-time. Also learn how to download a Youtube video.
Last updated on 02 February, 2022
The above article may contain affiliate links which help support Guiding Tech. However, it does not affect our editorial integrity. The content remains unbiased and authentic.