Turning off a desktop monitor is simple – just push the button. But not if it’s a laptop. Yes, Windows does turn it off if you keep it idle for some time, but that’s not we are talking about here. We want to turn it off quickly, in one click. How do we get that done?
There are many third-party utilities that can help you turn the laptop monitor off instantly. We’ll discuss one of them here. It’s called Dark – Turn Off Monitor. It’s a freeware.
Here are the steps to install and use this software.
3. Select the options and proceed with the installation.
4. The tool requires .NET framework to run. If you don’t have it installed, it’ll ask you to do it. Once done, you can go on with the installation.
5. After the installation is completed, you’ll find a Dark.exe icon on the desktop, like the one shown below. You’ll need to double click it in order to get the tool in your system tray (or the notification area ).
6. You’ll find the icon showing up in your system tray. That’s it, you can now double click on it to turn off the laptop monitor. The monitor comes back on if you move the mouse or press a key, like it happens usually when Windows turns it off.
7. You could also right-click on that icon and set it to start with Windows automatically.
That was how you can get Dark to turn off your laptop monitor instantly.
With the #macOS 10.15.5 Catalina update, #Apple brings #Battery Health Management for select #MacBook models. Read the post to find how to enable or disable the option and know more about MacBook's battery health.