Though Facebook has overtaken MySpace to become the most popular social network, one area where MySpace still has the lead is music. It lets users upload music, create playlists and stream tracks online.
However, one missing feature is the ability to download a track. And that’s what we’ll discuss here.
GrabThatFile is a nifty tool which lets you download songs in MP3 format from MySpace. Only thing you need is the MySpace URL of the song. It allows you to download 4 songs a day. You can download unlimited songs also but you’ll have to donate 2 Euros to the developers of this tool, which isn’t much for the service.
1. To start with this tool, go to the official site. You’d be asked to login using your Facebook account. (yeah, funny,we know 🙂 ).
Also on Guiding Tech
2. It will ask for your permission to access your public information. Click on “Allow” button.
3. Now you’ll be redirected to the GrabThatFile site again.
4. In the next step you have to go to MySpace and search for songs. On the top right there is a search box present. If you want to search for a particular song then select Music from the drop down and type the name of the song.
5. Click on the result.
6. Copy the URL of the song or artist. In the example, I searched for Usher. I clicked on official Usher page and copied its URL.
7. Now paste the copied URL in the Grab that file MySpace URL box. The songs will appear. Click on the “Grab That File” button next to the song which you want to download.
8. The song will line up in the pending list. Now type the URL of another song. When you’ll grab that another song, the download link for the first song will appear. Click on the link and download will start immediately.
Though it’s kinda ironic that you need a Facebook account, and not a MySpace account to use this service, it’s worth a shot nonetheless.