WiFi Stumbler is a web based tool to find WiFi hotspots near you. It can display information about channel, SSID, MAC address, signal strength, manufacturer and even the kind of encryption they are using.
When you first visit the page, it starts scanning for the networks. It displays the result in a bar graph and as a list of networks. The graph shows number of visible SSIDs broadcasted in each channel.
This is helpful if you are facing issues related to channel number. You can change the channel of your router to solve the issue. It will reduce interference and assure communication without any hassle.
It displays some important information alongside each visible network in the list. You could easily sort the columns by clicking on their titles.
The online tool requires Java to run and could be useful in certain situations when you’ve got a wireless network card hooked to your PC and looking to check out free public WiFi hotspots around you.
- Web based WiFi hotspot locator, analyzer and troubleshooting tool.
- Displays information about WiFi hotspots near you through SSID channel distribution graph and network list.
- Supported by Windows XP, Vista, 7, Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard) or later.
- Supported by all major browsers.
- Search box is provided to search for various factors in scan results.
- Java should be installed in your PC.
- Check out WiFi Stumbler to detect wireless networks.
Last updated on 02 February, 2022
The above article may contain affiliate links which help support Guiding Tech. However, it does not affect our editorial integrity. The content remains unbiased and authentic.