Apart from using Flickr for uploading images and showcasing them, you could a lot more with this service. Like, you can connect your Flickr account with your Facebook account so that every time you upload a new photo to Flickr, it gets automatically displayed on the Facebook wall.
This is a step by step tutorial to activate this setting.
1. Login to your Flickr account.
2. Click on “You” tab given at the top menu. From the drop down list, select Your account.
3. Click on Extending Flickr link.
4. Under Your Facebook account section click on Link your accounts.
5. It will redirect you to Facebook. Sign in and click on Import button.
If you will notice the user name box, it is automatically filled with some random numbers (37278675@P07/). Don’t get confused. It is simply your profile ID – http://www.flickr.com/people/35278675@P07/.
5. That’s it. You are done. Now each time you upload an image to Flickr, it will show up on your Facebook wall.
So if you are a frequent user of both Flickr and Facebook, and love sharing pictures on both of them then you might consider activating this setting. It will save the time it takes to separately upload to both the sites.