Lenovo-owned Moto brand has been launching budget devices one after the other in a bid to create a name for itself in the mid-range segment and has been fairly successful in doing so with its Moto G5 and Moto E4 devices that were launched earlier this year.
Looking to build upon the sales of its Moto G (5th generation) devices, it’s rumoured that the company will be launching another device from the same series — dubbed the Moto G5 Plus S.
First reported by VentureBeat earlier this month, the special edition of the Moto G5 Plus will be launched alongside three other devices sporting the Moto brand that are slated to be launched by the end of 2017.
Fresh image leaks have surfaced for the Moto G5S Plus and it shows that although the phone largely borrows its design and form factor from the Moto G5 Plus, it sports a dual camera setup on the rear.
While mobile computing technology is evolving at a fast pace, mobile phone manufacturers have been focusing towards advancements in the camera setup and now Moto is catching up to the dual-camera trend in mid-range smartphones which was started last year.
Rumoured Specs of Moto G5S Plus
- The Moto G5S Plus will sport a 5.5-inch Full HD display.
- The device will be powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 octa-core SoC which clocks at 2GHz and is supported by Adreno 506 GPU.
- It might come in two variants with 3GB RAM and 32GB internal storage and 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage.
- The primary camera will feature a dual-camera setup with two 13MP lenses. The front camera gets an 8MP sensor.
- The Moto G5S Plus will run on Android Nougat out-of-the-box and will be backed by a 3000 mAh battery pack.
The smartphone market bears close resemblance to a battleground where tens of hundreds of brands are vying to capture the throne of the best mobile phone manufacturer and keeping up with the latest tech is surely the right way to go.