The gaming industry sees thousands of gaming titles releasing every year and several hundreds of them garner major revenue from sales.
The countries are ranked below by the revenue generated from gaming titles, excluding revenues from hardware sales, b2b services, online gambling, and betting.
Unsurprisingly, China and USA topped the list with not a very significant gap in the revenues accumulated by developers in the two countries.
Although China generates more revenue than the US, the notable aspect is the former’s entire population dwarfs the latter.
Not only that, the internet population of China is more than three times that of US. Per se, if you look at the revenue generated by per-person basis, US tops the list.
Japan, Germany, and the UK occupied the next three spots on the ranking list, showing a steep decline in the revenues.
25 Countries Which Are Gamer’s Paradise
The list compiled by Newzoo ranks countries on the basis of revenue generated by gaming titles, which translates into how the number of users buying games, also gives an insight into the popularity of e-gaming in these nations.
According to Newzoo, “These estimates are based on a combination of primary consumer research, transactional data, quarterly company reports and census data.”
- China: $27.54 billion in revenues
- United States of America: $25.05 billion in revenues
- Japan: $12.54 billon in revenues
- Germany: $4.37 billion in revenues
- United Kingdom: $4.21 billion in revenues
- Republic of Korea: $4.18 billion in revenues
- France: $2.96 billion in revenues
- Canada: $1.94 billion in revenues
- Spain: $1.91 billion in revenues
- Italy: $1.87 billion in revenues
- Russian Federation: $1.48 billion in revenues
- Mexico: $1.42 billion in revenues
- Brazil: $1.33 billion in revenues
- Australia: $1.23 billion in revenues
- Taiwan: $1.02 billion in revenues
- Indonesia: $879 million in revenues
- India: $817 million in revenues
- Turkey: $773 million in revenues
- Saudi Arabia: $647 million in revenues
- Thailand: $597 million in revenues
- Malaysia: $586 million in revenues
- Netherlands: $567 million in revenues
- Poland: $489 million in revenues
- Iran: $431 million in revenues
- Argentina: $423 million in revenues
If you wish to know which other countries complete the top 100 gaming industries in the world taking revenues into account, check out the full list here.