There had been reports earlier this year that Xiaomi might not launch its latest Redmi Note 4 device because the company won’t produce it with a Snapdragon processor, but rumours have surfaced of a probable India launch for the device.
Reports suggest that the company might launch the Redmi Note 4 in the Indian market by mid-January and the device, which sports Mediatek Helio SoC in China, will come with a Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset for its India launch.
The report also suggests that the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 will be priced at around Rs. 11,999.
Xiaomi can not sell devices with a Mediatek processor in India, so the successor to Redmi Note 3 is expected to come with a Snapdragon 615 chipset.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Packs Power
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 was a hit among the users, especially due to the large 4050 mAh battery it comes with, but Redmi Note 4, if launched, would be a significant upgrade from its predecessor for the customers.
- Chipset: The phone is rumoured to sport a Snapdragon 625 SoC, which is smaller in size to the Snapdragon 650 SoC present on its predecessor, hence, enhancing battery life and decreasing the heating. It will be supported by Adreno 506 GPU.The Snapdragon 625 SoC is an octa-core unit which clocks at 2.0 GHz, a 200MHz higher speed than its predecessor.
- On-Board Memory: The Note 4 gets the option of a 32GB and 64GB variant, which is double the size of storage available on both the Note 3 variants — 16GB and 32GB. The internal memory is expandable using a microSD card (upto 128GB).
- RAM: The device comes in three variants: 2GB, 3GB and 4GB of RAM, while its predecessor came with 2GB and 3GB variants.
- Display and Camera: The phone will sport the same 5.5″ Full-HD display, a 13MP primary camera and a 5MP front camera. The primary camera has been slashed from the previously available 16MP snapper on its predecessor.
- Battery: The device would most probably sport the same 4100 mAh battery, as its predecessor.
- Operating System: The device might come with MIUI 9, which will be based on Android 7.0 Nougat.
- The device will support LTE networks, like its predecessor.
The device will be available in three colours — Grey, Silver and Gold.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 will hit the markets with an expected price tag of Rs. 12000 as its 64GB variant is currently priced at CNY 1,199 in China.
Xiaomi devices have been very well received in the Indian market in the past, and it would be no surprise to see the Redmi Note 4 make a room for itself in the consumers’ pocket.